If you need to report a problem with Lineardraft, whether it's Lineardraft Core or one of the Lineardraft Plugins, this is the ticket type you need. This article contains the minimum details and files you should include in your submission.
Before proceeding: Please ensure you're using the latest version of the relevant plugin and Lineardraft Core, as updating may resolve the issue! Follow the links to find out how to update your plugin or Lineardraft Core.
What roles are required to submit this ticket type?
What are the minimum requirements for this ticket type?
For us to properly understand and act on your ticket we need to know the finer details. Include the following in the ‘Detail’ box in your ticket submission.
Please note: If these minimum requirements are not met, your ticket might be closed and you might be asked to submit a new one.
First, we need you to provide:
- Your Lineardraft Core version number - you can locate this and all other Lineardraft component version numbers in Lineardraft Desktop.
- The name & version number of the plugin you are using.
- The name & version number of the design catalogue you are using - if you are using more than one, please provide the names and version numbers of them all.
- The name & version number of the project settings you are using.
- What CAD application you are using and its full version number - for example if you are using MicroStation CONNECT, your version number is not "Update 16", it will be something like "10.16.01.56".
Second, include the following:
- Write a clear & detailed description of the issue.
- Tell us what you were doing before the issue presented itself. What made the issue reveal itself to you?
- If you were expecting something to happen that didn't: tell us what were you expecting to happen.
- Attach relevant CAD files and references - having your model will help us to recreate your exact bug scenario.
- Annotated screenshots or images which clearly show the bug or issue, this gives the team a visualisation of precisely what's happened.
- Please attach your log file. 'Finding your Lineardraft Log File' shows you where to grab it and attach it to your ticket
- Finally, explain your 'Priority' selection from the drop-down list. This helps us further understand the severity of the defect.
Please make sure you only ask us to investigate an individual bug or issue. This is so we can clearly track the changes we make and why we make them!
Top tip: If you have one, a video or screen recording of your issue occurring would be fantastic!